After over a week of almost daily contact with our printing partners in Spain, we have some more concrete news to share regarding the delay of cards bought from our EU online store. With no further ado:
- Production of all sets is underway.
- We expect all orders to have left the printer by 20 September.
- Delivery will take between 2 and 5 days, depending on where in Europe each pack is being sent.
- We therefore expect most of not all of you to have received your cards by 25 September.
- The above applies to all sets available from our EU store, including The Automata Initiative, the remastered editions of System Gateway and System Update 2021, Midnight Sun, and Parhelion, in all languages currently available.
- It applies to both retail and wholesale orders.
- It does not apply to any orders from the UK. We are still waiting for Royal Mail to approve our account, and cannot begin operating our store in the UK (neither for retail nor wholesale) until that’s done.
We know that some of you are concerned about whether you’ll receive your cards in time to travel to the World Championship, and, indeed, know that a few of you have already cancelled and ordered from MakePlayingCards instead. Bearing in mind the estimates above, we are reasonably confident that everyone who already ordered will receive their cards in time to bring them with you when you travel to Barcelona for Worlds.
For those of you who are planning to leave for Barcelona early in order to do some travelling and holidaying, and are therefore still at risk of missing the delivery of your cards, we have made the following provisions:
- We will have stock of The Automata Initiative, System Gateway, and smaller quantities of our other sets on sale at the venue during the World Championship weekend. These will be priced slightly lower than they are on our online store (the exact price is yet to be confirmed).
- If for any reason you are concerned about receiving your cards in time, you can cancel your order by emailing our product support team. You will receive a full refund, and be able to buy a copy at the venue. There will be enough stock.
- If you have emailed us but have not yet received confirmation that your order has been cancelled, don’t worry. Due to the number of new sets and regions our store is now serving, it is taking us longer than anticipated to get through all the support requests, but this will not affect you. If you have emailed us before your cards shipped, but we haven’t been able to get to your support ticket in time, you will still receive a full refund and will get to keep the copy sent to your address. Every cancellation request received before you receive your shipping notification will be honoured, even you end up receiving your order anyway. We hope that if you end up with extra copies of sets you will gift them to a friend who might enjoy the game!
We apologize for the anxiety and frustration our lack of communication has caused you. Since our last update, we have been trying to confirm the production status, so that we would be able to provide a shipping estimate that we would be confident in rather than risk disappointing you again. We’re grateful for your patience during this delay, and assure you that we will take steps to prevent this from happening again.
If you require clarification on any of the points above, please do not hesitate to contact us via any of our social media, email, or by tagging an NSG member on any Netrunner online community space, who will relay your query to the right person!