The Community team is expanding Null Signal’s social media team in order to improve response time to queries from players, as well as to increase engagement of the playerbase with Netrunner. You will collaborate with team leads, the website editing team, and the Community manager, but also act autonomously. As an outward-facing role with control of our social media, it is vital that you have great communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and trustworthiness. To apply to join our Social Media team, please fill out this form.
- Make announcements on behalf of other NSG teams
- Publicize blog posts on all our social media
- Create hype and excitement for NSG events and releases on our social accounts
- Respond to queries from players and people curious about the game
- Relay queries and issues to the appropriate NSG team, and relay back the reply
- Share and amplify positive coverage of Netrunner and NSG
- Share and amplify noteworthy community events, content, and other endeavors
- Share and amplify non-Netrunner related news that align with NSG’s ethos and values
- Maintain follower engagement and build community by posting other fun/interesting Netrunner-adjacent content (example)
- Excellent written communication skills in English for social media copywriting.
- Ability to engage with community members of social media in a professional, calm, and constructive manner.
- Good judgement, a sense of responsibility, and worthy of being trusted with being the public face of NSG.
- Ability to receive delegated access to our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, i.e. must have an account of your own to delegate access to (required – must have an account of your own to delegate access to)
- Conduct all communications in line with the NSG Code of Conduct and in accordance with our ethos and brand image, and moderate comments and responses to our posts to remove any instances of hateful or offensive speech.
- History of participation in the Netrunner community
- Technical familiarity with Facebook, Meta Business Suite, Twitter, IG, and Mastodon, in particular their page management, moderation, and scheduling tools (can be learned on the job)
- Familiarity with basic social media management and digital marketing principles, e.g. how to boost engagement and increase reach, how to understand analytics (can be learned on the job)
- Knowledge of other languages in addition to English (nice to have, would be a big plus)
- Graphic design and video editing skills, e.g. to crop a piece of art for a post or make graphics (example) are a plus
- Note: Be sure to mention your time zone – the ability to cover a time zone our team does not currently cover, or to double-cover our busiest time period, is a plus
- Familiarity with TikTok (nice to have)
A note on diversity
Our current team also acknowledges that the tabletop industry as a whole needs to do a better job with diversity. We are prioritizing those applicants that can bring to NSG different experiences and points of view than what we currently have on our team.
NOTE: Null Signal Games is a volunteer organization. All roles at Null Signal Games are unpaid.
To apply to join our Social Media team, click here!